Welcome to the 2022 Fresh Produce Safety Conference!
The conference is the Fresh Produce Safety Centre Australia & New Zealand’s (FPSC-ANZ) flagship event that is expected to bring together over 200 food safety practitioners, CEOs, managers, food technologists, researchers, growers and supply chain specialists.
This year’s theme is Promoting Skills, Science, Systems and Standards.
The conference will delve into the realm of promoting skills for food safety in the fresh produce industry, engaging with the latest food safety science, improving systems and implementing standards.
Join us on 11 August 2022 for an engaging day of discussion, learning and knowledge exchange as we explore the latest in fresh produce safety.
11 August 2022 , 8:30am – 5.30pm, Sydney
EVENT WILL START IN
Horticulture Innovation Australia
Perfection Fresh Australia
NSW Government – NSW Office of the Chief Scientist and Engineer
Welcome8:45am – 9:00am
Keynote Address – Sponsored by the University of Sydney
It’s Everyone’s Job – Embedding Food Safety Across the Business at Taylor Farms
- Drew McDonald, Senior Vice President Quality & Food Safety at Taylor Fresh Foods and Chair of the CPS Technical Committee (in person)
Launch of the Revised Guidelines for Fresh Produce Food Safety
Quick Break – Sponsored by Mérieux NutriSciences10:45am – 11:00am
Session Three – Sponsored by JAS-ANZ
Panel: Fresh Produce Food Safety Research Update
- Dr SP Singh, NSW DPI, Fresh produce safety surveillance, monitoring and support
- Nicola King, NZFSSRC, Emerging Risk Identification System – ( via zoom )
- Kim Leighton, JAS-ANZ, Digital validation of products across supply chains using international standards
- Prof PJ Cullen, University of Sydney, PFAS contaminated water
Session Four – Sponsored by Coles
Student Session Five – Sponsored by Fresh Select
Panel: Next gen food safety researchers
- Dr Jess Gray, Postdoctoral fellow, on Exploring microbial communities in Fresh Produce
- Jo Rothwell, PhD student, University of Sydney, on A fresh produce sanitiser showdown: using physics to kill foodborne disease illness pathogens
- Dr Mark Bradbury, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Sydney, on Microbiological specifications and testing requirements for lettuce
Networking Drinks4:15pm – 5:15pm
Workshop: FPSC Fact Sheets: Food Defence; Food Safety Culture; Foreign Object Contamination
- Dr Kim-Yen Phan-thien, Senior Lecturer, University of Sydney
- Dr Andreas Klieber, Chairman, FPSC
Workshop: Embedding food safety culture to make systems more practical
- Elizabeth Frankish, Food Safety Consultant
- Clare Hamilton-Bate, Director & Lead Consultant, Mallsgate Pty Ltd
Workshop: Guidelines on Exclusion Periods: case studies and explanations
- Deon Mahoney, Head of Food Safety, IFPA-ANZ
- Belinda Hazell, Principal Consultant, Optimum Standard
Workshop: Interpreting and responding to Microbiological Test Results
- Dr Sukhvinder Pal (SP) Singh, Institute Director, NSWDepartment of Primary Industries
- Kashif Ahmed, National Microbiology Manager, Symbio Laboratories
All sessions are in AEST and will be streamed virtually.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hear analysis and opinion from leading researchers and industry professionals.
In-person networking opportunities with colleagues and key industry experts.
Tune in from home or join us in-person, this year’s conference gives you the flexibility to attend in a format that suits you!
A plethora of insightful topics covering the key aspects of the skills, science, systems and standards in the fresh produce industry.
The Refectory, Holme Building, University of Sydney and Online.
WHERE TO STAY
Finding a good hotel can be tricky. So here are some of our favourite hotels close to the event location.
Your choice – select the option that works best for you.
The 2022 Fresh Produce Safety Conference
The Refectory, Holme Building, University of Sydney and Online