Welcome to the 2022 Fresh Produce Safety Conference!
The conference is the Fresh Produce Safety Centre Australia & New Zealand’s (FPSC-ANZ) flagship event that is expected to bring together over 200 food safety practitioners, CEOs, managers, food technologists, researchers, growers and supply chain specialists.
This year’s theme is Promoting Skills, Science, Systems and Standards.
The conference will delve into the realm of promoting skills for food safety in the fresh produce industry, engaging with the latest food safety science, improving systems and implementing standards.
Join us on 11 August 2022 for an engaging day of discussion, learning and knowledge exchange as we explore the latest in fresh produce safety.
11 August 2022 , 8:30am – 5.30pm, Sydney
EVENT WILL START IN
Horticulture Innovation Australia
Perfection Fresh Australia
NSW Government – NSW Office of the Chief Scientist and Engineer
- Professor Brent Kaiser, Director, Sydney Institute of Agriculture, University of Sydney
Keynote Address – Sponsored by the University of Sydney
- Drew McDonald, Senior Vice President Quality & Food Safety at Taylor Fresh Foods and Chair of the CPS Technical Committee (in person)
Session One – Sponsored by One Harvest
Panel: Food Safety Starts at the Top – CEOs on Food Safety in Fresh Produce
- Michael Simonetta, Group CEO, Perfection Fresh Australia
- Catherine Velisha, Managing Director, Velisha Farms
Quick Break – Sponsored by Mérieux NutriSciences10:45am – 11:00am
Panel: Primary Production and Processing Standards: implications and resources
- Nora Galway, Director, Food Safety & Response, FSANZ
- Craig Shadbolt, Principal Food Safety Scientist, NSW DPI
- Patrick Ulloa, Technical Manager, FPSC
Session Three – Sponsored by JAS-ANZ
Fresh Produce Food Safety Research Update
- Dr SP Singh, NSW DPI, Fresh produce safety surveillance, monitoring and support
- Nicola King, NZFSSRC, Emerging Risk Identification System – ( via zoom )
- Kim Leighton, JAS-ANZ, Digital validation of products across supply chains using international standards
- Prof PJ Cullen, University of Sydney, PFAS contaminated water
Facilitated Q&A session: Skills, Sustainability, Labour and Culture: food safety in everything we do
- Claire McClelland, CEO, AFPA
- Sachin Ayachit, National Program Manager, Growcom Fair Farms
- Dean Parsons, Sustainability Programmes Manager Chep
Student Session Five – Sponsored by Fresh Select
Next gen food safety researchers
Hort Innovation3:40pm – 4:00pm
Networking Drinks4:15pm – 5:15pm
All sessions are in AEST and will be streamed virtually.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hear analysis and opinion from leading researchers and industry professionals.
In-person networking opportunities with colleagues and key industry experts.
Tune in from home or join us in-person, this year’s conference gives you the flexibility to attend in a format that suits you!
A plethora of insightful topics covering the key aspects of the skills, science, systems and standards in the fresh produce industry.
The Refectory, Holme Building, University of Sydney and Online.
WHERE TO STAY
Finding a good hotel can be tricky. So here are some of our favourite hotels close to the event location.
Your choice – select the option that works best for you.
The 2022 Fresh Produce Safety Conference
The Refectory, Holme Building, University of Sydney and Online